Wednesday 30 July 2008

E3 dissapointments

Safe to say this years e3 was less than riveting compared with what we were expecting.
Out of the three presentations i think Microsoft was the best one, with Sony tending to ramble and Nintendo just sort of, well...i don't know what they did...
Firstly Microsoft. Their presentation trailed of during the middle into less showy games and they spent far too long on the less than wonderful your in the movies, but with good in depth demos of games like fallout and GOW2 the conference was really a success. what was shown was new single player footage of RE5 GOW2 fallout Fable Star Ocean The last remnant Infinite undiscovered and (wait for it) Final Fantasy 13. YAY! Ill go over these in depth at a later date.
Nintendo however were not as stunning in my opinion as they failed to show off Kid Icarus Wii. As a gamer who's rarely tested by games something like KIWII starts me tingling as the original still gives me a good run for my money. However we got the latest addition to the wiisports franchise which seem OK but yet again doesn't really set me on fire. however the WII motion plus does look like we are reaching the 121 control stage. Animal Crossing City Folk looks like its about to claim another couple of hundred hours of my life (WW had me hooked untill 2months ago, my town was awesome) but not like its about to revitalize a franchise considered by many to be boring. BUT the wii speak peripheral does look like Ninty will finally give us voice chat for all future titles so thats good at least. however we didn't see a much lusted after storage solution. Its no longer a question of if but when? however it will not be now.
I didn't see Sony's personally so i cant comment on it but my friends impressions were not good. Also with the loss of yet another exclusive how will Sony`s third attempt at a console fair?

No comments: